[Review] Magical Otoge Ciel

So, I actually do play other otome games other than voltage, haha.

Note: Picture credits to batensen + her tumblr blog.


This is a free/pay-what-you-want game by Batensan, for Windows, Mac OS and Linus.

“Ciel, the protagonist, is a princess who has never been allowed to leave her kingdom. Along with her loyal knight and bodyguard, she decides to follow her dreams of seeing the world.”

You can find more details on the official lemmasoft thread here.


About the guys

There are 3 pursuable guys in the story - Florien, Anton and Yvin.


Florien


Anton


Yvin

I played them in order of Florien > Anton > Yvin.

Florien is just so adorable, omg. Initially I wanted to go after Anton since I liked how his character looked like. As I read the story, I became drawn to Florien. There's just something about a guy who has always been there for you that tugs at my heartstrings. Yvin's route is unlocked after playing Florien/Anton.

I saved the Author's Notes for last. When I read it, I was like (╥_╥). The author doesn't seem to like Florien much, LOL. It's okay, Florien. You have my heart, hahaha.


Brief summary of the guys

Florien: Your knight since forever. Since Florien is 20, and there's a 2 year age gap, this means you have known each other for (at least) 13 years!! Okay, this got a little spoiler-ish. He is super adorable though. I loved looking at his blushing face.

Anton: The dark and broody guy. Florien's brother and captain of the Royal Knights. But eh, his character was too distant for me. :( I prefer my guys to be more expressive. His backstory is good though.

Yvin: Random stalker who is follows you throughout the journey, and helps you out in the dark. His character lightens up the entire story! Haha. He makes everything seem comical, lol. Don't let his facade fool you, he has indeed more depth than what he shows.


About the story

If anyone is afraid about reading cliche stories, I can tell you this is not (that cliche, at least IMO)! Some parts of the story are cute, some parts are pretty sad. The fluff still very much outweighs the angst.

The MC is not a girl who needs help in every single scenario, nor is she the type who thinks she's so strong and keep jumping into trouble (zzz, I hate those type of MCs =_=).

The progress of the story is natural. I would have loved to see more after the end though.


About the art

The art in the story, ie CGs/sprites are drawn by Batensen. It's rather polished IMO!


Conclusion

So yupp, if anyone is wondering (if it's not any obvious), my order of preference is Florien > Yvin > Anton.

That's about it! I truly enjoyed this story! Kind of wondered how to write this without spoilers, but I guess this is not so bad? I hope maybe someone will find this review in the sea of the internet and go play this game. Haha.

Do vote for Florien too in Batensen's tumblr poll!!!!

Labels: ,

Monday, August 24, 2015 @ 11:49 PM / 0 otaku(s)


« Older posts Newer posts»



Copyright ©. Layout by OhMissLinda.
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Intercross Search bar from: here All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.