[Review] The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya

Been relatively inactive in playing Voltage games recently.

Just finished playing The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya! Bought it from steam here.


This game is of slightly mature content. For age 18+? So I think if you're below the age limit, you might not be able to view the game?? I think. Then again, you can fake your birthday.

The premise of the game is set in the olden times, where no men are born in the island, so the women have to go to the pleasure quarters (where the few men are at) to have a heir. It's basically a gender reverse of the stories that people usually read from the era of courtesans, oirans etc.

Screenshots taken from Steam:






Slight spoilers ahead!!





After reading the prologue, I immediately felt like the OTP is Ageha, so I started off with him.

My order of play was Ageha > Asagiri > Takigawara > Gakuto > Utsusemi.

Ageha is just so cute??? After reading everyone's route, I still think the MC belongs with him, haha. Ultimate OTP in this game. I feel like their love is so pure, even in the sequel, which shows their one year later.

Played Asagiri's next, and I liked him better than I thought. I actually ranked him last so I played him second (so I won't feel like I'm dragging myself to finish the game).

Takigawara was a really interesting route too. Didn't like him that much in the beginning, but he grew on me.

The MC was really fierce to Gakuto in the first chapter. I was like, wow. But their interactions were really interesting. I loved how Gakuto's prickly shell came off to show his sweet side as time went by.

Utsusemi's route was lighthearted in the beginning, and I had the same thoughts as the MC about him. We see a little of Ageha, with his coming of age ceremony. ಥ_ಥ My heart strings.


In summary, I loved everyone's storyline. Aside from the slight errors/not-so-fluent english in some parts, the game was still really enjoyable! Every route is different. Graphics were really pretty, though Ageha looked like a girl in some of his CGs, LOL.

Loved this game. Tempted to get Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya (the prequel to this game though with different characters and MC), but that shall wait. Have yet to finish Amnesia that I bought from Steam last year, lolol.

Btw, after playing the main story, the sequel/date scenarios will be unlocked. I think it's super worth it at this price! And one thing to make the game better is to add Musashi's route too? Haha.
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 @ 6:54 PM / 0 otaku(s)


« Older posts Newer posts»



Copyright ©. Layout by OhMissLinda.
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Intercross Search bar from: here All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.